The Take Home Pieces
Many brides ask me what favors would be appropriate for a beach wedding. There are millions of wedding favors to choose from. I would say that the main thing to remember when choosing a favor is to make sure it represents you as a couple in some way or another.
Here are my top 8 picks for best beach wedding favors:
1. Bag filled with local shells or salt water taffy (Destin and Panama City specialty) tied with a silk ribbon of your wedding color
2. Metal Tins. I found those tins while browsing on Etsy and fell in love instantly. You can even add personalization. Cost is about $120 for 12. They are made by Morgan Hills Designs. Here’s a link to their beautiful wedding decorations.
You can fill them with anything you like. Have a sweet tooth, fill it with candy; love tea? Fill with your favorite tea; organic? Fill it with seeds of your favorite flower; movie lover? Fill it with popcorn; Golf player? Fill it with golf balls!
3. Mini bottle of your favorite, preferably alcoholic, drink. Examples: Miniature bottles of Limoncello Martini, Mojito, Champagne, or wine. Add a delicate touch with a personalized tag and silk ribbon of your color choice. Feel creative? Make drinks yourself, bottle them and attach a fabulous tag with a personal message. Just like this couple did:
Donations are one the greatest ways to give back. Pick the charity that is closest to your heart. Place a card at each table with a personal message to let your guest know what difference they have made in somebody’s life.
For example, Prince William and Catherine Middleton asked wedding guest to donate to charities instead of the gifts for their April 29, 2011 wedding. New Duke and Duthces of Cambrige reportedly have raised 1.6 million for 26 different charities. What a great way to give back!
5. Scientists say that smell is the best way to recover some memories. Why not send your guests home with a perfect way to remember your special day?! Get scented anything: candle, soap, or bath salt. Step up a notch and make it yourself or buy local. Average cost starts with $2 per person.
6. Picture Frame with a personal message from Bride and Groom. Bring relaxed and beachy feel to a reception. Those favors can also be used as place cards. Guest love them!
7. Miniature book is a perfect favor. Again choose a book that represents you. Some examples:
Mini cook book, sports book, book about movies and so on. Price: Average cost $5 per book. Browse website such as Amazon to find a deal.
8. Last but not least: Lottery Tickets! This favor has always been a hit at our weddings. Cost $1-$5 per person.
Have a fabulous day,
One thought on “Best Wedding Favors for a Wedding on the Beach”
I love your blog, I have it in my rss reader and always like new things coming up from it.